Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ingredients to A Weekend Look

For a weekend look here are some important ingredients:



1. The comfy skinny jean- The weekend is for relaxing not suffocating in jeans that are too tight! I've learned to find a skinny jean that allows me to actually move and has a little bit of stretch to it to accommodate for the weekly diet cheats. 

2. A great black boot- Every girl needs her trusty black flat boots. I recently purchased my first "grown up" pair of boots and I'm never going back to my college boots (sorry Uggs). These boots will make you look fashionable, edgy, and save your feet some serious pain.

3. A printed blouse- A printed blouse allows a girl to add some style into her look without worrying about mixing pieces. One classic pattern can add that pop to the outfit and take the guesswork out of pattern mixing.

4. A bright scarf- This accessory has endless uses and adds the color to an outfit. 

5. A long necklace- I never wear my good jewelry on a weekend because it can very easily be lost. I recommend a long necklace to add the drama without risking losing pricey jewelry.


There you have it folks. I have all the elements of a weekend look and followed the famous four things Stacey and Clinton outline on "What Not To Wear"

1. Color- Scarf (London street vender- Seven pounds)
2. Pattern- Blouse (The Limited- now on sale for $19.99)
3. Texture- Boots (Kohls- now on sale for $42.99)
4. Shine- Necklace (Thrifted)


6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, love the color, pattern, texture, shine rule! Go Stacy & Clinton! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I am obsessed with that show and they give such great tips!

      Delete
  2. your scarf is the perfect color! i think i may be obssessed with that color actually ;)



    IntoxicatedChameleon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you, I think I am going to pair it with gray next.

      Delete
  3. Ha, I totally have that top as well - picked it up the day after Christmas for super-cheapsters. Great look - I still haven't attemped the long necklace under a scarf look...

    ReplyDelete