I'M BACK! With good news too, I was offered some type of position at the school next year. Details are still a little foggy with the merger going on, but I'm hoping to find out more information soon. This year has been very trying, but at the end of the day, if I am a teacher that is all that matters. To celebrate teacher appreciation week I am linking up with Tara's Teachers have Style and Class too.
I am sorry I haven't posted in forever. I have been dealing with some major stresses at school, which I am not really allowed to talk about. All I'll say is that people who decide to cut funding to education, well they suck. On another note, I have decided to cut back on my spending, as a result of all the stress, and will only be wearing things I already have, made or thrifted. Thanks for continuing to read the blog. (That's for you in particular Sara and Brittany, who called me out when I stopped. lol)
So.... I've been missing posting on the blog for the last couple of days because we unexpectedly had to tear out the ceiling in the computer room. Yep, not fun at all. Here's the OOTD with an additional weekend steal deal.
The first hint is that the outfit was built around these shoes. These shoes are beautiful and I was very excited to purchase them from Charlotte Russe for THREE dollars. It was an amazing deal for my obsession (shoes) and my coffee costs more than these shoes.
Without further ado, here is my outfit of the day (OOTD- First time for my use of blog lingo). The colors are magenta and teal, which I thought would throw a nice contrast to the black lace shoes without being too close of a match. I'm in love with this outfit!
I've been so inspired since I joined the blogging community by the support and the ideas.
You guys are amazing and I'm so thankful!
Today's outfit was inspired by numerous other bloggers and I always thought this would look funny on me. Maybe it does, but I am taking a step outside that comfort box. I am attempting to layer a plaid shirt with a dress. I like that the colors work together.
Have a great day everyone and challenge yourself to try something new!
Shirt: Forever 21
Belt: The Limited
With a scarf I'm ready to run out the door.
Verdict: I like this look, but I would have to find a longer dress to wear it during the workday.
For a weekend look here are some important ingredients:
1. The comfy skinny jean- The weekend is for relaxing not suffocating in jeans that are too tight! I've learned to find a skinny jean that allows me to actually move and has a little bit of stretch to it to accommodate for the weekly diet cheats.
2. A great black boot-Every girl needs her trusty black flat boots. I recently purchased my first "grown up" pair of boots and I'm never going back to my college boots (sorry Uggs). These boots will make you look fashionable, edgy, and save your feet some serious pain.
3. A printed blouse-A printed blouse allows a girl to add some style into her look without worrying about mixing pieces. One classic pattern can add that pop to the outfit and take the guesswork out of pattern mixing.
4. A bright scarf- This accessory has endless uses and adds the color to an outfit.
5. A long necklace-I never wear my good jewelry on a weekend because it can very easily be lost. I recommend a long necklace to add the drama without risking losing pricey jewelry.
There you have it folks. I have all the elements of a weekend look and followed the famous four things Stacey and Clinton outline on "What Not To Wear"
1. Color- Scarf (London street vender- Seven pounds)
2. Pattern- Blouse (The Limited- now on sale for $19.99)
Wow, today was a busy day for me and this is why my post is pretty late at night. I'll first describe what the outfit helped me accomplish today since I am writing later in the day.
This outfit helped me to:
1. Look modest at weekly mass this morning (and helped me to teach my kindergarten buddy how to correctly sit in a skirt).
2. Find the confidence to stand up for myself to someone (don't let me rant on this subject).
3. To feel professional while I was filmed for our school's commercial, which will be released later this month.
4. To run from school to my second job and then to dinner for a family event.
Clearly, this outfit was a good pick for the day. I love this colors together and this cardigan is such a pretty marigold color. I also have a surprise announcement at the end of my page....
Skirt/Cardigan/Skirt: The Limited
Belt: Forever 21
MY CLASS WON THE IPAD GRANT! I'm calling on all teachers for help with how to use these babies in my classroom! I would be so grateful if you would leave your advice in the comments section.
Well it's another rainy day in September I mean December here in PA. I swear this might be the year without a snow day. I wanted to break in this super comfy sweater I got from the Limited with a gift card. I just love the buttons going up and down the sleeves. The scarf was a gift and I wanted to add it to make the outfit more exciting on this dreary day.
Today I wanted to try to take a summer dress and remix it. This dress alone was long enough for work, but too low in the front. I paired it with a black button, which I found hanging in my closet that was never worn, up to fix the issue. I'm putting those black flat boots to use as I have grad school tonight and decided to have the dress pop away from the black color with a cognac belt (also never worn). Today, I basically decided that if there is anything in my closet I haven't worn, I'm either going to find a way to wear it or donate it to charity. Hooray for early spring cleaning!
Today I decided to mix red and leopard. The colors are a little bold together, but I felt super conservative yesterday so I am being a little bolder today. It's still work appropriate and that's what really counts. I am so happy I was able to find black flat boots so it will be easier to walk around grad school tonight. It was a challenge and I'm not totally in love with the style, but my budget didn't allow for me to get the ones I really wanted. Oh well, maybe next year or I'll search the sales racks come spring.