Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Green and Tweed = A Christmas Tree


    I decided to participate in Statements in Fashion's Christmas Challenge to dress using a popular Christmas color. What a great challenge that avoids the dreaded tacky Christmas sweater! I ended up picking the color green. This picture was taken at the end of a long school day so excuse the messy hair. I picked a brown tweed skirt to go with a simpler green top. I love this skirt cause it matches so many items in my closet and has a nice black defining band at the waist so you don't need to wear a belt with it. My necklace has bows on it and the locket is inscribed "with all my heart" which is how I approach my teaching style. I realized later that with the brown,  green, and bows I resembled a Christmas tree! Happy Holidays everyone!

Top/Skirt- The Limited
Shoes- Wet Seal
Necklace- Forever 21

5 comments:

  1. I do love that skirt!! Especially how You've paired it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look comfy and chic....nothing like a great pair of tall boots too:)

    Thank you so much for participating in the blog link up....super sweet of you:)

    Bloggers Rock the Colors of Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! I'm loving your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It was an online order so a risk, but I ended up loving it.

    ReplyDelete